Creative hands-on professional experienced in developing, executing and presenting campaigns for multi-platform brands that exceed customer expectations. Successfully manage creatives in a fast-paced team-oriented environment. Extensive experience working with clients and utilizing new technologies to push the creative envelope.
SWA Design LLC Owner/Publisher 2011 - present
• Design innovative multi-platform projects for clients including
Lane Terralever, The Real Estate Book and Ping (AZ); McGraw-Hill, Golf Illustrated and Information Builders (NYC) and Hewlett-Packard, Colorado Public Radio and Teletech (CO).
• Develop brand identities and increase response integrating campaigns across print, online, social, direct mail and mobile.
• Direct mail expert, developing numerous double-digit response targeted campaigns.
Amarillo Globe-News Creative Services Manager 2008-2011
• Responsible for $2.5 million advertising and marketing budget.
• Direct a group of designers in a fast-paced environment while also increasing productivity and raising creative standards.
• Develop AGN Media brand establishing identity guidelines and marketing standards. Redesign and reposition Amarillo Magazine to engage a wider audience and increase revenue.
• Work closely with top-management launching multi-platform projects including Best of Amarillo, Shop Smart (generated over $400K in new revenue), Life After 50 and Pigskin Preview.
The Arizona Republic Sr. Art Director 2004-2008
• Set the creative standard developing and designing leading-edge consumer and client-sponsored publications for The Super Bowl Committee, Ameritrade, Wachovia, Cities on the Move, Exclusive Estates and Vertical Space.
• Create dynamic creative briefs and client presentations for new business pitches.
• Lead creative direction for strategic publication launches and relaunches including city/regional magazines, AZ Society, Arizona Woman and bizAZ.
Penton Media Creative Director 1990-2001
• As Creative Director help Duke Communications navigate exponential growth by hiring and developing creative staff and guide creative standards as DCI grew from one publication to a multi-title print and publication portal.
• Manage team of print and online designers.
• Hands-on cover and feature design for Windows NT Magazine newsstand publication.
White Mountain Assoc of Realtors, Communications Chair
Women’s Council of Realtors- White Mountains AZ, Communications Chair
Society of Publication Designers
American Advertising Federation
(past board member)
Rocky Mtn Direct Marketing Association (past VP Membership/board member)
Marketing, Advertising and Communications Association
Ft. Collins, CO (past president)
National Cartoonists Society
American Advertising Federation, design
ACE Awards, design
American Business Press, Jesse Neal Award
American Society of Business Press Editors, publishing excellence award
Arizona Newspapers Association, best section design
Arizona Press Club, design
Communicators Award, design
Mailing & Fulfillment Association, Chairman’s Award website design excellence
Marketing, Advertising & Communications Association, Ft. Collins, CO, design
Rockport Publications, book cover design
Society of Publication Designers, ‘Spots’
Society of Illustrators, illustration
Society of Technical Communications, design
College of New Jersey
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Major in Advertising Design